UpdateThe site is now ready to start construction with McLaren starting the first phase on 14th January 2019.
Muse Developments and the Canal & River Trust are working in partnership (Waterside Places) on the redevelopment of Hale Wharf in Tottenham Hale. If you would like to register for updates on the Hale Wharf project, please make use of the sign-up form on this page.
BACKGROUND – ABOUT THE SITE
The Mayor of London has designated Tottenham as a Housing Zone. This will help it to benefit from part of approximately £2billion of new investment and development, supporting infrastructure improvements in and around Tottenham Hale.
Hale Wharf is situated within a ‘Growth Area’ as explained in the draft ‘Tottenham Area Action Plan’ issued by Haringey Council. It has been identified by the Council for a major mixed-use redevelopment to include housing and employment uses. It is well connected with local public transport, making it an ideal location for the development of new homes that will contribute towards the aims of the Housing Zone.
The redevelopment of Hale Wharf stands to benefit the local area in a number of ways:
- Creation of hundreds of much-needed quality new homes for Tottenham, in a range of sizes and styles, including affordable homes
- Provision of high quality rented homes in line with Council policy
- Maintenance (or growth) of the number of jobs currently on site
- Introduction of utilities services which the Stonebridge boater moorings will be able to link into
- Pedestrian links making access to Harris Academy (a 'through school') easier
- Generation of significant funding to support local infrastructure and community facilities
- A green and sustainable development, linking into the low-carbon energy centre at Hale Village
- Facilitating much needed improvements to The Paddock with £500,000 of new investment
- Creation of an attractive new waterside public space for local people, unique within Tottenham Hale
- Long-term development management scheme maintaining the quality of new public spaces
- Furthers the Haringey Council’s Green Grid strategy, creating a pleasant green link for pedestrians and cyclists between the High Road and the Lee Valley Regional Park
- 50% of the profits from this development will go to the Canal & River Trust, to be reinvested in waterway improvements
Mon to Fri - 08:00am-18:00pm
Saturday - 08:00am-13:00pm
Sunday - CLOSED
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact:
+44 (0)7498 254596
SIGN UP HERE TO BE KEPT INFORMED ABOUT THE PROPOSALS AND PUBLIC CONSULTATION.